And just like that we are into the last quarter of the year. It’s been a little quiet around here. After having 2 glorious weeks of vacation in Hawaii in September, it’s been a little hard to let go of the aloha vibes and get back to routine. I’m not one for holding too tightly onto the reigns, so when the universetells me to take it a little more easy, I allow it.
I was a Trader Joe’s today and the pumpkin infusion is crazy! I’m not even that big on pumpkin stuff, but I bought into a few new things to try. I want to make up a batch of butternut squash-pumpkin stew, trying to concoct a recipe for my Instant Pot.
This was my 3rd trip (& definitely not last!) to Hawaii. It was a healthy balance of doing/seeing things and relaxing. B & I try to talk about what our favorite parts were and we end up naming everything. (“oh but that was cool” & “yea I really liked that.”) I keep saying that my favorite part was just doing nothing & watching the sunset from our lanai in Maui. Usually with an adult beverage and maybe some chips & guacamole. I find a lot of peace when I am exposed to all of the elements at once.
It was a somewhat deliberate decision to not follow social media for those 2 weeks, but after a few days I really didn’t think about it much. I checked to see what was going on here and there, but the less I looked, the more it felt like a chore. A great reminder in taking some time away from electronic devices. Something that has sort of carried over here at home and I find myself less & less interested in all of this “noise.”
I did get in some scrapping via the traveler’s notebook style. I really love this type of memory keeping and with my busy schedule & travel, it seems like something that is easier for me to commit to. I am thinking of making it a more permanent style & not just for traveling only.
I was able to pick up in my bullet journal on the next empty page. I have used this system all year and really like how it works for me. I don’t even necessarily use the bullet point part as much as just the way of making lists. I’m still using the same notebook for now, but only have a few pages left. I think I will be into a new one before the year is over. I am looking forward to carrying over to the new one what worked in here and also having clean slate to try some new ideas.
I’m still making ‘brain dump’ lists, but I would like to turn that more into mind mapping, to better suit my photographic memory.
I got my first & only fig this year off the tree and it was good! There were others but the critters scoffed them up.
I have a lot of posts drafted and really want to get back into sharing here. Especially as fall & winter roll in, I like to have this creative outlet while being cooped up in the house.
The list of projects is getting a little long…
- Finish selecting & editing photos from Monaco/Paris trip
- Order digital book for Euro trip
- Sort, select & edit photos from Hawaii trip
- Finish Hawaii traveler’s notebook with collected papers
- Select some prints for enlargement & wall hanging
- Catch up 2016 album – may need some prints
- Use hybrid layouts to catch up on a few events in 2016
Posts I want to share…
- Local shopping in Hawaii – so many talented artists
- Local shopping at home – I want to make sure to give some artists a shout out as the holiday season rolls in. I plan to buy as much locally made stuff as possible.
- October layouts – want to share a few autumn layouts & my October 2012 book where I documented almost like a “December daily” style.
- Traveler’s notebooks – share a few pages from the various TNs I’ve made thru my travels this year.