‘Tis the season! Well almost anyway… I am trying to get as much of a head start on planning for the holidays as possible.
With this comes the task of shopping for gifts, which to be honest, shopping is not my favorite activity. I generally do most of it online these days, and want to share some of my favorite places and best bets.
I prefer to spend my money on higher quality items for gifts and have found a few companies I come back to again and again for superior products.
- Fancy Flours – I eagerly await the arrival of this new catalog. Perfect for all of your holiday baking endeavors, but also great gifts for the kitchen. I always find something different that I can’t quite find in stores. Last year I ordered a unique, gingerbread house cookie cutter on December 16th and it was shipped the same day! I had it with plenty of time to make my mini gingerbread houses. Be sure to check out their beautiful line of flour sack towels & coordinating soaps.
- Hatley – I only discovered Hatley a few years ago in Quebec. If you know them, you know they have the most comfortable, softest pajamas ever! Not only that, but they are high quality and hold up well in the wash. The prints are always spot on for the winter season and hopefully bring lots of warmth to the little ones I send them to.
- Artifact Uprising – Another printer I love, especially for their photo books. I am looking forward to getting my first lay-flat album, and it was even included as one of Oprah’s favorite things for 2015!
- Barnes and Noble – Most people think books, which make awesome gifts, but do not overlook Barnes & Noble’s toy department. They carry an extensive line of toys for all ages, and generally have some quality, education toys. It’s where I shop for my favorite little person’s gifts, usually related to science, engineering, puzzles & mazes. Vinyl is also very trendy again, and B&N has a wide variety in stock. I like their holiday gift guide where you can shop by interests.
- Society 6 – I love everything about Society 6. It is open to artists around the world, so there is bound to be something for everyone and anyone on your shopping list! I really love the look of the new ceramic travel mugs.
- Mpix – My go-to photo printer all year round, but they are great for personalized gifts as well. I recently used their app to order prints directly from my phone, which was simple & quick. Who doesn’t love a photo gift?
On top of quality products, these companies offer great sales & deals through the holiday season. Be sure to check out their Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals!
Do you shop with any of these companies? What are your experiences? Have any other great go-to gift ideas?